- The Parc Vendome
The Parc Vendome
The Parc Vendome is a pre-war condominium constructed in 1929-1931 by Henry Mandel, a prolific developer in the 1920’s, and designed by the architectural firm, Farrar & Watmough. It comprises four buildings, two located on W. 56th and two on W. 57th Streets, between Eighth and Ninth Avenues. There is a shared, award-winning garden in between the buildings, and two rooftop decks with outstanding views. Mandel built another, similar project just prior to the Parc Vendome, also designed by Farrah & Watmough in Chelsea called London Terrace, which is on W. 23rd and W. 24th Streets, between Ninth and Tenth Avenues.
The Parc Vendome was converted to a condominium in 1983 by international developer and investor, Gerald Guterman. Since then many apartments have been combined into larger units.
There are two 20 story buildings on 57th St. that have different apartment layouts than the two 12 story buildings on the 56th St. side. Each building features primarily studio and one bedroom apartments with spacious rooms, good closet space, and elegant layouts. The architecture features coveted pre-war details such as casement windows, beamed ceilings, solid oak plank flooring, and wood burning fireplaces in many apartments.
In addition to the communal outdoor spaces, there are 10,000 square feet of indoor amenities including: a banquet room, dining room, billiards room, library, kitchen and music room with a grand piano.
The buildings are centrally located and convenient to everything including: Central Park, the Time Warner Center, Whole Foods and Ninth Ave. food markets, many cultural venues, fine dining, shopping, and a multitude of transportation options. The Parc Vendome has always been home to many in the arts due to its proximity to Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Broadway, and MoMA.